International moves can be punishing. Make no mistake, we have ways to take care of the difficulties, having taken people all over the world for ages now. It makes no difference if you’re traveling from San Antonio to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere in the states to anywhere else – we’ll get your household where it’s got to go. We assume full responsibility for your international move at every stage of …
The Moving Process
These are the steps you can depend on us taking:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, in particular, you’ll surely feel you need some idea up front of what such a move will cost you. Contact us. Speak with us. Tell us where you’ll be going, when you want or need to go, and what kind of a move you’d need us to execute for you. Based on our long experience with global moving, we’ll deliver a free ballpark estimate. This may or may not be the final price. Further talks with you will help resolve that. But at least you’ll have a reasonable awareness of what to expect, cost-wise, prior to committing fully.
The Home Survey
To achieve a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we must take stock of the items you’ll be shipping. We allow you to pick from two options for taking care of this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator meets with you at your home to confer with you on numerous details of your move, conduct a walk-through of your home, and take that inventory of your belongings.
- With your mobile phone, you link directly with our estimator and perform your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need shipped.
The Written Estimate
Once we’ve consulted with you and assessed your Home Survey results, we’re ready present a more exact, written estimate of what you’ll pay for your international move. It takes into consideration everything associated with your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve indicated you want.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which establishes locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve chosen, safety and insurance provisions, what you’ll pay, and other specifics. Signing it attests that you agree to our terms and pricing and authorizes us to set up your relocation.
The Move Plan
To reassure you of an international move that’s smooth, safe, and headache-free, we assign you a Move Concierge – your very own, dedicated representative and counselor. He or she will guide you in planning your move from beginning to end. During your introductory meeting, your Move Concierge will …
- confirm your move dates,
- establish the addresses involved locally and in the country to which you’re relocating,
- establish which of our services you’ll be opting,
- provide introductory counsel in what to expect from you move, and
- field your questions.
From now until we get you moved and settled in your new country, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can count on him or her being thoroughly familiar with the complications that can arise in an international move and advising you well – particularly on customs laws from one country to another. In addition to giving you vital information on your specific destination country, he or she also can provide you assistance with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other necessary international paperwork.
Then, as the move proceeds, your Move Concierge will keep you up to speed on how everything’s progressing.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date gets close, we’ll email or call you to see that it’s still “on” as set forth in the plan. We’ll make sure of dates, times, locations, and every other detail relating to your settling in a new country.
Our packing options were initiated to more properly match your needs and budget.
- Elect to do the packing yourself; if you like, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Opt to turn the packing over to our crew. Or
- Opt to start out packing yourself and allow us help you by packing specialty items.
By whatever method you choose to have your packing discharged, you can be confident we’re well up to speed on foreign customs laws and will assure that your shipments are in full compliance. That includes seeing to it that packed belongings are loaded into the appropriate overseas shipping containers, as specified.
When the truck and crew arrive at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and carry out a walk-through, to get acquainted with your house and the possessions you’re transporting.
Next, they’ll take steps to protect your home while the move-out is underway. They’ll pad stair rails, tight corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll place carpet covers to keep floors clean and undamaged .
In loading your household goods onto the truck, our crew will insure that moving boxes are marked and classified by room to assist in their proper placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and whatever else requires disassembly will be carefully broken down by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew performs quality checks and keeps in contact with your Move Concierge all through the loading process.
Once we get your freight safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews unload it with great dexterity and caution. Prime features of our destination-country delivery services are …
- employing protection pads and carpet covers to keep your new home as it was before the move while the move-in is underway,
- systematic unloading – setting your possessions into the rooms you indicate,
- rebuilding the equipment and furnishings taken apart for the move,
- unpacking – simply tell us; we’ll get it done, and
- debris removal – where, if you so specify, we’ll dispose of all the empty moving boxes and supplies after the unpacking.
The Post-Move Follow-up
Upon completion of your international move, your Move Concierge will contact you to ...
- talk about it with you,
- examine how faithfully we handled the services you selected
- look into any lingering concerns, and
- THANK YOU for engaging us at A-1 Freeman Moving Group!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote