Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
On moving day, the last thing you would like is for everything to not go right. Here are some tips on what you might do beforehand to help make sure your move proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Several Items to Do on Moving Day to Help It Go Smoother
- Make sure someone will be available: Either you or maybe a trusted adult needs to be available for the entirety of the move to sign moving company documents and supervise the move. This will help avoid any misunderstanding or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in San Antonio. The movers will likely also be grateful for having someone there to answer any questions and offer directions.
- Clear the way: Be certain there is an unobstructed walkway leading to your front door so the moving team may easily move cartons and furniture in and out. And, remove any tripping hazards both in and out of the house. This shall help prevent any trips or issues.
- Review the home: As soon as the professional movers in San Antonio arrive, go around the residence with them and note all items of special importance or belongings that won’t be put on the moving truck. If you have any irreplaceable items you'll take with in your car on the move, be sure they are packed up and ready to go. These items include items such as jewelry, important documents, and also family treasures. This will make sure that these belongings are safe and also that nothing is left. Once the professional movers in San Antonio have completed loading the truck, do another walkthrough of your home to ensure all items have been accounted for.
- Formulate a plan: Creating a general plan for where you want to set your items in your new home makes the moving process much smoother. Be sure to label each carton with its contents and the room it need to be put in so the movers can easily put everything in its proper area. On moving day, you will want to have some things on hand, for example snacks, drinks, toiletries, as well as a change of clothes. Consider gathering up a moving day survival bag. Pack these things up in a bag or box in order to quickly locate them when you need them. Additionally, be sure you understand what tasks need to be completed and when. Creating a timeline will help keep things moving without issue.
- Think of a plan for kids and pets: If you have children and/or pets, it will be essential to have a plan for them on moving day. Ask someone to keep an eye on them, so they are not in the way of the professional movers in San Antonio.
- Chat with your neighbors: In the event you have close neighbors, it would be courteous to let them know that there will be a large truck parked on the street and that there may be an amount of noise and commotion during the day. This will help sidestep any potential conflict or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on your town or homeowners' association, you could have to have a permit to park the truck near your residence. Check with your local authorities to find out if this might apply to you.
Need Help Getting Started?
Moving day is a busy and often stressful time. But by following these guidelines, you can make the whole thing smoother – both for you as well as your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in San Antonio is here to help you each step of the way. We're America's leading moving company in San Antonio, with more than four decades of experience moving people smoothly and efficiently. Let us take some of the stress out of moving day for you – get in touch with us today!
Request a free quote