By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Are you intending to move in the near future? If you are, you may be stressed, thinking about all the things you will need to pack. However not all that you want to move to your new home can or ought to be moved by your professional movers in San Antonio
. To paraphrase, there are several things that you should move on your own. Here are four of the key types of items your moving company in San Antonio
cannot move, along with some considerations and warnings and how we can help you.
1. DANGEROUS ITEMS
For basic safety reasons, movers have a list of hazardous items that they are unable to move. Chemicals reacting with other materials, like putting paint thinner and also weed killer collectively on a moving truck can lead to a catastrophic consequence.
Some of the unsafe goods that cannot be moved comprise those, including lighter fluid, gasoline, propane tanks, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, household cleansing agents, pesticides or herbicides, fertilizers, weed killers, aerosol cans, swimming pool chemicals and also nail polish remover. Make sure to check with your moving company in San Antonio for a full list.
An additional item you should not put in a moving truck is plants. Actually, there are a few states with rules, regarding certain houseplants that can or cannot traverse a state line. While unwanted pests and mites are certainly not a challenge in some regions, they are thought to be extremely hazardous in other states.
Additionally, the majority of moving companies do not want to move plants since insects that live in the potting soil can easily spill into the moving truck. Even if your moving company consents to move your plants, they might not live, especially when you will be moving a long distance because plants need sunlight and also water. In case you do not have room in your car for the plants, perhaps you should give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company claims they are able to carry your precious valuables on their moving van, it's still smart to keep your essential documents and photographs together with you. This is because these are typically items that cannot be easily replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in San Antonio generally pack the majority of canned food for you, but you really should consider if this is a wise idea. Needless to say, perishable food items should not be carried on a moving van. It will be recommended that you get rid of your perishables in addition to food items in glass containers rather than transporting them with you.
You want to make room in your car for more valuable belongings, and you don't want to worry about accidents from leakages, cracks or mold before getting to your new residence. However boxed and/or canned foods, such as spices and dried fruits can be moved. For any questions regarding which foods that can or can't be moved, ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to carry your household pets together with you and go over any unique requirements your pet could have with your veterinarian.
· As for alcohol, consider that state laws concerning alcohol in all forms may differ, so it's advisable to not move your alcohol.
· Why not take advantage of grocery delivery after reaching your new residence. You can order over the internet for foods, paper products, cleaning products along with other essentials.
· You could put your lawn mower on the moving truck, as long as you have drained the fuel and oil tanks.
· Consider that it's potentially unsafe for you to move hazardous products in your car. It's better to simply repurchase them after you arrive at your new house. In other words, don't take the potential risk of hauling them.
To make moving as seamless as possible, call us today to set up an appointment and discover more about the massive amount of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote