Mapping Your Move to San Antonio--A Tech-Free (Mostly) Road Trip
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
If the moving company has packed and loaded all your belongings, and a multi-day journey is standing between you and the new residence in San Antonio, the trepidation regarding the trip is authentic. And it seems like the simplest thing to do is to load up on USB chargers to ensure everyone seems to be constantly entertained, and you are able to have a little tranquility as well as NPR. That is the simple approach, but who said life was supposed to be easy? Find some good road maps, activities, coloring books, crayons, and load up your mobile phone with road trip songs--this is mostly a generation that's evolved on "Baby Shark" and needs to learn "John Jacob Jingleheimerwhatever".
Arranging Your Course to San Antonio
Get actual paper maps for the kids and teach them the way to read the icons and pick out the waterways, roads, state borders, etc. Get them to identify fun things to do--"sight-seeing opportunities"--along the path and let each person find one particular tourist trap along the way, or one each day you will be on your way. If you are traveling with pets, this can be the possibility to get them out of the car and going a little throughout the day.
Young ones these days. They are so obsessed with Snapchat and YouTube they've missed the thrill of car games. If you're unable to recall any, or maybe you disliked them as a kid and did not pay attention, consider these. You just need your creativity for these kinds of old favorites. You and your partner can start off each of the games till there's complete buy-in.
· Name Game--say a name. The next person must think up a name whose first letter is the final letter of your name--George--Ellen--Nathaniel. You can make your very own rules pertaining to nicknames and diminutives, depending on your youngsters' age range and all round propensity for hand to hand struggles. Proper names, locations, vehicles--everything goes here.
· Punch Buggy--play this one while you can, given that VW is ending manufacturing on the Bug. If you see one, you holler the color in addition to punch buggy--"orange punch buggy" and then--real fast--"no punch backs". The champ consequently is able to LIGHTLY poke siblings in the arm--with zero retaliatory punch backs.
· Grandma Went to London--there are numerous nicknames for this activity, but in essence, you start out with "Grandma visited London and she packed ......" The following person says the same thing and adds a second item, and so on. It's better to go alphabetically in order to get beyond the 3rd round.
· I Spy--easy enough, just one tip. The item you spy will have to be inside the car.
· My Cows--or signs, or bridges. Choose the thing, and whoever spots it first gets the points. If you are proceeding through a farm part and see genuine livestock, ensure that you count fast.
Cue family-friendly, enjoyable to sing songs on your device, and teach the children the pleasure of the aforementioned John Jacob. Allow them to instruct you on songs they've learned, as well--but one Baby Shark per drive. Or Mommy's going to London with an empty suitcase.
Extended times in the vehicle are usually tedious, and none of us really wants to be constantly entertained. Tune in to audiobooks--pick books you're all acquainted with, thus if someone dozes off they don't miss anything. Nothing compares to Harry Potter for road trip listening.
Don't be the mean mother and father and hinder all their technology however do make an effort to reduce it by providing other activities to do. An excessive amount of screen time does make all of us a touch dialed out and touchy, and this is definitely not the time to encourage the grouchies. Soon enough, the professional movers in San Antonio will be unloading the truck and you will be in the course of unpacking your new residence. The youngsters can escape in their new spaces and not be seen again. Take this time to force some old-school entertainment on them--years from now, these are going to be happy recollections.
Request a free quote