Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY GET READY: No, you don't have to do push-ups or run laps around the block. This hint encourages you to work with professional movers in San Antonio. Hiring a moving company guarantees that you will have added help from professionals, who are experts in packing, lifting, and time management. Professional movers in San Antonio should carefully pack your residence, disassemble furniture, and securely wrap your most breakable possessions. Having local professional movers in San Antonio on hand on your moving day is a great way to sidestep injuries. They will lift all the bulky things, leaving the easier belongings as well as simple clean-up to you.
- USE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT: Using proper moving equipment can be one of the best practices to not encounter injuries on moving day. When speaking with the moving company in San Antonio, be sure that they will be bringing equipment which will make the move safer, like an appliance dolly. Not only can this assist the moving team, but the equipment will also save you time, as items will be moved at a quicker clip.
- DON'T OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each and every space of your boxes could seem like a great thing, however packing them too heavy makes them harder to pick up, and also puts a strain on the legs, arms, and back. An injury is unavoidable if you lift more weight than you should handle. Additionally it makes the task more difficult for everybody who is helping you to finish the job. Pack cartons the right way, being sure the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in San Antonio can work quickly as well as efficiently on that day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a general lifting practice and is a fantastic way to sidestep injury to your neck and also spine. Maintain a wide base of support, placing your feet shoulder-width apart as well as flat on the ground. Next, bend down into a squat so you are mainly utilizing your legs as you move upward. Lastly, keep your back straight, and remember to breathe as you lift the item.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AND WALKWAYS CLEAR: We know that this may appear like something basic, many people are injured when tripping over smaller items on moving day. Steer clear of a stubbed toe or chipped tooth because of an unexpected fall by keeping all paths free from items. Whenever moving bulky things, it can be difficult to view the stuff on the floor that is in your path. Steer clear of any accidents by preplanning what is the easiest way to walk when moving your belongings. If putting safety first, you can reduce the chances that you’ll get injured.
Employing a local or long-distance moving company in San Antonio with professional movers is a great way to save time and circumvent injuries when moving. Call us right away for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote