By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving is usually one of the more stressful things you can do. It takes up your relaxation time, and while it usually works out in the end, it might result in a few grey hairs along the way.
As a professional moving company in San Antonio, we have witnessed all kinds of moves, both smooth as well as chaotic, and we would like to provide some suggestions that can help you circumvent some of the stress of moving.
· Understand that the stress exists. Pretending that you aren’t stressed can make you additionally stressed. Stress is typical as well as natural, and working through it is going to require acknowledging it exists.
· Try to allow yourself enough time to complete your tasks. It can take most people two days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four day for packing two bedrooms, or five to six days for three bedrooms. In the event you possess a bunch of things, then it may likely take additional time. In the event you need moving boxes, be certain to purchase them well ahead as well as formulate a plan for if you run out. Check with your local moving company in San Antonio, as they may have used boxes available. You will want to also allot a day or two to clean the residence you are leaving.
· Have a plan. Think about how you should organize everything for the best result. There are people who need lots of to-do lists, others may attempt to install a moving app for their cell phone. Create deadlines for every stage of the move and make them early enough that blowing them won't mean a total meltdown. Additionally, think about what is going into which box. Label your cartons plainly and consistently, as you’ll need to explain those labels to the professional movers in San Antonio. Label everything that is breakable. Think about which room things are going into in the new residence and label cartons accordingly. Most professional movers in San Antonio will willingly put everything marked "K" in the kitchen for you.
· Do not be afraid to ask for assistance or hire a moving company to assist. You do not need to get everything done by yourself. Recruit your friends and extended family for help. Hire professional movers in San Antonio for the heavy lifting, though, rather than counting on anyone's goodwill. When you’re super busy and can afford it, consider having the moving company in San Antonio to complete some or all the packing, too.
· Be okay to let it go. Moving will be an excuse to take a hard look at items which might be sitting in your residence a long time out of sheer laziness. In the event you have a broken down piece of furniture, now may be the time to find it a new home and buy a replacement once you move. Old cell phones that do not work? Books you haven't read in a decade? Something you completely forgot you even had? Sell what you can and donate the others.
· Be sure to allow for downtime. Moving is likely to consume your life. Lots of folks realize they don't have time to get a decent amount of sleep over the move. Or they might not do anything accept work, move, and worry about the move. Provide some flexibility in your schedule so you might have a moment to go out for lunch, take the kids to a fun activity, etc.
· In the event you are moving to a new neighborhood or a new city, take time to look around the new city for a bit. Spend some time searching for eateries you just must try and attractions you want to check out. List those diners and pick one that is at the top of the list, then plan to go there the day after you move when you don't have your kitchen unpacked yet.
Moving might normally be stressful, however these tips may help decrease the stress and turn it into an adventure. Remember that professional movers in San Antonio are able to help with as much or as little of the move as needed, and your local mover in San Antonio will be a wonderful resource for all things moving related from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Also, Don’t forget that this is a temporary situation and everything will return to normal soon enough.
Request a free quote