By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving is often stressful. Very often in the rush to get the professional movers in San Antonio
arranged, the cartons packed and decide what you will be keeping and what you will get rid of, you forget a number of important tasks. In order to keep you on track, below is a list of items to keep in mind to complete which will make your move to San Antonio simple and uneventful.
1. Change Your Address. Officially file with the post office your change of address. The United States Post Office will forward your mail for as much as a year after your move. It is possible to let the postal service know about your move as much as 30 days ahead of time. This will ensure that all your final bills, bank documents as well as other valuable mail is forwarded to your new house at the same time as when you and the professional movers in San Antonio get there together with your belongings. Should you have children attending school, let their school know your new home address too if you happen to need their transcripts sent to you. When you reach your new home, commence to alert each establishment one by one. Additionally, remember to let relatives and buddies know that you have moved.
2. Stop Utilities and Home Services. Get in touch with your utility companies beforehand and let them know the final billing/service time. This includes your phone, cable television, electric, water, yard care, cleaning services, pest elimination, security system company and other infrequent providers such as a dog sitter or the Sunday paper delivery. Make certain and coordinate the cutoff day with your moving company. You should not have the electric, gas or water turned off before moving day. If you participate in an HOA, make certain they are alerted of your final day of residency to protect yourself from any additional fees.
3. Update Your Insurance and Registration Details. For those who have an insurance representative, phone them to inform them of your move. This can include vehicle, residence, life and health insurance coverage. Relocating to a new region or a new state could influence the prices you are spending thus you'll want to do this as quickly as possible. Additionally, whilst updating your car insurance policy, make sure to update your automobile's registration.
4. Alert Your Company. Should you be moving locally, and not swapping work, be sure you tell your company. They are going to need to bring up to date their company files and, sometimes, if you're moving across state lines, will need to adjust payroll.
5. Clean up Your Old Home. Once the professional movers have gone and prior to when you turn over the keys to your old residence, make sure you clean, or schedule a cleaning of, your old home. This will ensure that you get back your security deposit if you're renting. If you're selling your property, and your house is still on the market, this is a necessity to help catch the attention of prospective buyers.
6. Change/Delete Passwords for House Environment Systems. A lot of homes nowadays contain smart technology set up like locks on front doors, heating and cooling, lighting effects, and security systems. In some cases, you might have security password secured applications which you use to control and monitor these systems. If that's the case, make sure to give the important information to the future homeowner but then be sure to logout or delete any info associated with these systems.
7. Update Your Online Profiles. In case you routinely buy products on the web, be sure you change your shipping address. This can be a fantastic possiblity to update your account with your bank, physicians or any various other companies you often deal with online.
8. Execute a Walkthrough of Your New Residence. When you initially reach your new home, complete a rapid walk through to help familiarize yourself with a few of the key features of the property. You need to be able to quickly identify the smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, the electric panel and sump pump--if there is one. Inspect to be sure they are all in proper condition.
The key to preserving your cool when moving is to employ a plan. Utilizing checklists will assist you to stay organized and make certain that your move can be simple as feasible. Speak to your local professional mover in San Antonio, A-1 Freeman Moving Group for further tips on how to have a stress-free move.
Request a free quote