By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
It's no wonder that the summer time is the preferred season for moving, since not very many folks desire to brave frigid winter weather or (for anybody with school-age children) deal with the anxiety connected with relocating their family members during a school year.
Of course, as a result there will be obstacles that you will have to overcome to make your move successful. Nevertheless, with a bit of forethought, preparation, as well as a little bit of aid from a professional moving company in San Antonio, everything's bound to work out in the end. Here are a few do's and don'ts for moving to San Antonio during the summer season:
· Plan and book your moving company in San Antonio as far in advance as you possibly can. Given that summer is peak moving season, you don't want to wait 'til the last moment to make preparations with your professional movers, since you may realize that your chosen provider is currently booked up.
· Remain hydrated. Some people are unsuspectingly affected by persistent dehydration, and the summer time high temperature only makes issues worse. To avoid exhaustion, muscle cramps, headache, along with a lot of various other symptoms, ensure that you are taking in adequate fluids. Of course, if you are able to spare a few water bottles for your professional movers, they will be gracious for the hydration also, believe us.
· Protect your skin from damaging UV rays. Wear plenty of sun block and/or a wide-brimmed hat to protect your body from the sunburn as well as other issues that come from overexposure to UV rays.
· Commence the move early in the morning. If possible, pack and load the heavier items ahead of when the sun comes out in full force, it'll make you and your moving company personnel much more at ease during the entire remainder of the loading process.
· Make positive spoilable products are placed in a cool place. Whether it's food items or maybe goods that may expeience deterioration from prolonged exposure to heat, be sure that you have a strategy with regards to keeping perishable items chilled.
· Expect to shell out more. The fact is that, summertime's appeal for moving generally signifies that you're going to wind up spending a bit more for the same services than you will during other times of the year.
· Postpone the switch of your utilities. The last thing you want is to get to your new residence only to discover that it is 90 degrees outdoors and there's no air conditioning.
· Forget to take additional precautions with your youngsters and/or house animals. As stated before, be sure that your children are using sufficient sunscreen, and are dressed suitably for warmer weather. Keep in mind the dangers related to heat exhaustion and heat stroke, and keep your youngsters and household pets well hydrated throughout the moving process.
· Underrate how long the moving process can take. Far before moving day, you should begin the moving process by packing up certain things that you will not need for a time. You need to investigate several moving companies in San Antonio, speak to the movers which you favor, and then, if you opt to employ them, do so several weeks ahead of time.
The reality is, summer moving has its unique eccentricities and also complications. However, with appropriate preparation as well as the assistance of professional movers in San Antonio, such as the friendly experts at the A-1 Freeman Moving Group, you'll be able to enjoy a relatively simple and effortless move as you commence a new part in your life. If you'd like to find out more about how we might help, reach out to us today.
Request a free quote