by Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Well done, you're the smart person who lined up your moving company in San Antonio
early, walked through your residence with a moving company
rep to ascertain the amount of moving trucks and staff you'll need, and appropriately packed and tagged your boxes.
Next, have you read the fine print on the agreement? In the event you did not review the whole thing, and most people do not get past the dates and numbers before their eyes glaze over, find it, take a seat, and read it right now. Fill an extra mug of coffee if you have to, but once you get to the part about what the professional movers in San Antonio are unable to place on the moving van, odds are pretty decent that contract is going to have your complete interest.
What You Cannot Transport
Which of these is NOT allowed on a moving van? Are any one of these unlawful for the team to load and transfer, or is it just company policy? The answer is a really direct to the point, this will depend.
The single thing in the above list that CAN go on the moving van will be the lawn mower--if the gas and oil tanks have been completely emptied. Houseplants usually won't be able to cross state lines--this is a legal issue--and moving companies in San Antonio don't want any bugs residing in leaves or the soil leaping ship on the truck itself.
Fireworks are banned.
Moving companies aren't going to be accountable for valuables on the moving truck. Your homeowner’s insurance policy may cover any material mishaps, but probably will not replace misplaced cash. Take it to the bank and recover it after you are settled or carry it together with you.
What's Illegal to Transfer
So, the list of the items it's not possible to pack and load really isn't such a bore, in any case. These are a few other things that movers won't load, along with the main reasons why not.
· Any item that is flammable, corrosive, explosive or combustible and can in principle place the lives of the staff as well as the equipment in danger, is prohibited. So, a mower with an empty gas/oil tank is ok, however an aerosol can of disinfectant is not.
· House plants--certain states have rules on which indoor plants might cross the state line. Mites as well as pests that aren't a problem in certain states are massive hazards in others, so leave your indoor plants for the neighborhood friends or get them to your pals. In case you are bringing the planting pots, wash them with bleach prior to when you load them.
· Alcohol--regulations differ among states. Be safe and have an empty the bar occasion before you move.
What Nearly all Company Policies Forbid
Each professional mover in San Antonio has its own directory of forbidden items, nevertheless these are the normal items you can expect to leave behind or carry yourself.
Chemicals are determined by their ability to have interaction with other matter and alter the structure and substance of the matter. Simply put, this suggests that when you set anti-freeze and wood stains on the truck jointly and they happen to connect under stress or high temperature, seriously awful things can happen. And if you're thinking that several bottles of nail polish and remover and a chemistry set will not pack enough of a wallop to make a difference, you are incorrect. So Never pack the following.
· Household Cleaners
· Paint and Paint Remover--this includes nail polish
· Pool chemicals
· Pesticides, Weed Killers, along with Fertilizers
· Aerosol Containers
· Perishable Foodstuff
Remember that grocery delivery is an excellent thing--buy via the internet and have your cleaning supplies, paper goods, and food items delivered soon after you have arrived at your new residence.
For those who have any questions regarding some items, ask your moving company in San Antonio prior to moving day, specifically if you want to make other plans for transport or charitable donations.
Click HERE for A-1 Freeman Moving Group’s listing of Non-Transportable Items.
Request a free quote